The Aria Strings is the FCYO’s most advanced string orchestra for intermediate and advancing level musicians. Students in this ensemble are shifting into different positions and fine tuning their ensemble skills before proceeding to the Youth Philharmonic. Music chosen for the Aria Strings features original and arranged repertoire for intermediate string orchestra. Weekly rehearsals and in-depth sectionals with professional musicians and conductors, several concerts each season. Comparable levels – ASTA Grade 3, Suzuki Method Books 3-4.
Each Fall at the very start of the season, the Aria Strings spends a Saturday at a local venue away from our normal rehearsal location for intensive rehearsals, coachings/sectionals, bonding and team-building.
Typical Aria Strings concerts will include a wide variety from the standard symphonic literature.
- Schubert – Rosamunde Ballet Music No. 1
- Dvorak – Three Slavonic Dances
- Perry, Schon and Cain – Don’t Stop Believin’
- Mancini – The Pink Panther
- Mozart – Symphony N0. 29 in A major, K. 201
- Puccini – “O Mio Babbino Caro” from Gianni Schicci
- Tchaikovsky – Serenade for Strings (Del Borgo)
- Buckland, Champion and Martin – Viva la Vida
- Bernstein – West Side Story (Moss)
- Bizet – Selections from Carmen
- Each season also features a special Holiday music concert with many seasonal favorites.